RSS

Modern Family Kids on Episode "Fears"

[Photo: ABC]


William Keck of TV Guide Magazine has some spoilers for us on the upcoming episode of "Modern Family".  Are the writers of this episode sadistic?  For me they're not.  These are realities that we must accept and we must overcome these fears to get on with our lives.  This episode is really exciting, what do you think?


An upcoming episode, titled "Fears," places a terrified Manny on a rollercoaster, simple minded Luke under his family’s home, and Haley behind the wheel for her drivers license test. Each of this scenarios just happens to mimic the three child actors’ actual phobias.

"Gloria (Sofia Vergara) and Jay (Ed O’Neill) take me on a rollercoaster,” says Rico Rodriguez, who plays Manny. “We're going to be shooting on Santa Monica Pier and this is my first time ever riding a rollercoaster. I really don't like them, but I'm going to face my fear and go for it! They want me to test it out a day before we shoot, so I asked Eric Stonestreet, who plays Cameron, if he'd come and help me."

In the same episode, Phil (Ty Burrell) believes there may be buried treasure under the Dunphy house, so he enlists son Luke (Nolan Gould) to go digging. "It's going to be hard for me because I'm personally claustrophobic,” tells Nolan. “Our set teacher said, 'Man, we're going to have a hard time next week because (Rico and Nolan) are both afraid of what they're doing."

The half hour also finds Haley (Sarah Hyland) taking her driving test. Sarah has her own driving phobia stemming from a wreck she caused shortly after getting her own driving license. "I wasn't injured, but the guy I hit was complaining of neck pain so he went to the ER." But the worst part: "I was on my way to a party, so I was wearing a hoochie mama dress and big high heels. So I get out of my car, trying to pull my dress down so my underwear didn't show. I looked like some hooker who got into a car accident."

Gay dads Cameron and Mitchell (Jesse Tyler Ferguson) aren't without their own fears concerning their baby daughter, Lily. "We're worried that if there's a flu crisis, our doctor will give the available medicine to the patients she likes best," previews Eric. "So we invite her over to our home for brunch."

Turns out the writers aren't sadistic. Show runner Steven Levitan explains, "I used a lot of my own fears and our other writers' fears concerning things we've noticed with our own kids."


(Source: TV Guide Magazine)

0 comments: