RSS

Eric Stonestreet is Modern Family's Center of Attention


[Photo: ABC]

In an article of TVGuide Magazine, Damian Holbrook talks about Eric Stonestreet and his character in "Modern Family" Cameron Tucker.  We will see here how Eric is the center of attention for most viewers.  I love the Cam Show.  How about you?  Sound off below.


HE PLAYS Cameron Tucker, the overdramatic teddy bear whose devotion to uptight
partner Mitchell Pritchett (Jesse Tyler Ferguson) is only rivaled by his love for their newly adopted daughter. And musical theater. And balloon animals. And pretty much everything else. “I always say that I’m the straight version of Cameron, as far as the passion and celebration of moments in life,” says the contagiously upbeat Kansas native. “I’m a person who can get excited about all kinds of things…to the point of feeling like I have ADD!”

WHERE YOU’VE SEEN HIM Being really dramatic for five seasons on CSI as documents techie Ronnie Litre, a recent guest turn on Nip/Tuck and an out-of-this-world ER gig. “I played this guy who cut his ears to look like Mr. Spock,” he says. “A lot of Trekkies know me from that scene.” Before that, it was all fun and games at Chicago’s Second City, where Stonestreet studied under Liz Lemon herself. “Tina Fey was my Level 2 teacher. I had a huge crush on her.”

WHY WE LOVE HIM We can’t not! “Who wouldn’t want to be friends with Cameron? I would want to be his friend just because he doesn’t let those moments pass that we all let sweep by,” says Stonestreet. His Cam has also won us over by constantly bringing the sweet to Ferguson’s sourpuss Mitchell. “Eric and I have an embarrassing amount of chemistry,” agrees Ferguson. “I think it really does disappoint some people when they find out we are not an actual couple.”

THE CAM SHOW MUST GO ON “I think The Cam Show, in his mind, is an ongoing show,”
laughs Stonestreet of Family’s in-joke about his character’s fondness for being the center of attention. “It’s always being broadcast. I would love to see more of The Cam Show. It’s appointment viewing, after all!” So are you, buddy. So are you!




(Source: TVGuide Magazine)

0 comments: