RSS

Ariel Winter Shares Her Thoughts on Alloy

 [Photo: ABC]


I found an article about Alloy's interview with Ariel Winter o r Alex of "Modern Family".  She talks about how similar she is and the character she's portraying in the show.  She also shares with us how she handles herself at times when she's in a very funny scene and feels like bursting into laughter.  She's adorable, not to mention very talented and vibrant.  Here are the highlights of the interview:


How are you like and unlike your character, Alex?
Coincidentally, Alex and I are both loyal and smart (not really tooting my own horn), cynical and funny and I have to admit, I'm a bit of a smart alec myself, if you ask my parents. We both really value education. The biggest difference is how we dress. Alex is more Urban Outfitters tomboy and I'm more of an edgy rock and roll younger version of Taylor Swift. Also, I don't wear glasses or play cello.

How did your own family life help you prepare for Modern Family?
My family is somewhat like my TV family. My parents are hilarious and are opposites, exactly like Phil and Claire. My mom is like, "We're on a schedule! We have to get things done." And my dad is like, "Hey, we can relax."

Do you think of any of your cast mates as family now?
Ed O'Neill is definitely like a grandfather to me. He's really sweet. And Nolan is a lot like a little brother to me.

Do you have any brothers and sisters?
I have a brother and sister. They're a lot older than me so everyone always asks, "Same mother and father?"

Do you hang out with your brother and sisters on the show when you're not filming?
Yeah, I do. We go to dinner and a movie sometimes or we go to the arcade and just kick it. For Christmas I bought them rubber band guns so we'll just go outside the school room for recess and shoot at fake targets on the walls. We're really good friends.

Are you and your sister on the show close off-set?
Sara's actually 19. It's really fun. She's really sweet. We hang out sometimes but me and the boys are in school together like, 3 hours a day, so we get to bond a lot more.

What's been your favorite scene to film?
Probably when Alex goes to the school dance and a boy actually wants to dance with her. Talk about awkward.

Have you had that experience?
I actually haven't been to a school dance yet but I'm really excited. I have all these dresses in my closet that I've worn to premieres that I don't really get to wear anywhere else so I'm really excited that if I go to one of these school dances, I could go to my closet and be like, "Which dress do I want to wear?!"

That's every girl's dream!
Yes, I have so many dresses. I have separate closets. One is in my room, like casual clothes and jeans, and the one in our guest bedroom is all dresses and fancy stuff.

Who do you think is the funniest cast member on the show?
You can't decide that. Everyone is hilarious. We're SNL but for ABC.

Who makes you laugh the most during scenes?
I'm mostly in scenes with Ty and Julie and Nolan. During those scenes, Ty always has these really funny punch lines or the High School Musical dance. I swear he made that up all by himself. Ever since the pilot, to this day we still do "We're All in this Together…"

How do you refrain from laughing during a funny scene?
I just think to myself, "In a couple of seconds, they will yell cut and I will burst out laughing." I just think to myself, "I am cool, I am calm, I am collected." I try to channel my inner Alex and think what she would do.



(Source: Alloy)

0 comments: